Today’s LiveWire Spotlight outlines the industry’s concerns submitted to FERC in regard to the Commission’s public notice of their intent to regulate Geomagnetic Disturbance (GMD) preparedness. Many argue that inconsistencies in scientific findings do not support the urgency expressed by FERC, the costs, or the expectation that corrective measures will assure no loss of service due to a Geomagnetic Disturbance. . FERC is presently reviewing feedback from the public, the industry, and the ERO concerning their proposal requiring Geomagnetic Disturbance standards. Once a final ruling is made, development will begin under NERC Project 2013-03.
- Spotlight on NERC Informational Filing – BAL-003-1.1 Implementation
- Spotlight on NERC’s 2018 Report on the State of Reliability
- Spotlight on NERC Lessons Learned – Situational Awareness Impairments
- Spotlight on FERC’s Approval of Two WECC Regional Standards
- Spotlight on the ERO Enterprise’s First Quarter Compliance and Enforcement Status Report